Civil War Living History Day |
Title (Max 100 Characters)
Henrico Recreations and Parks is hosting an event this weekend.
Explore life during the Civil War for men, women, and children whether they were at home, in camp, or on the battlefield. Re-enactors will set up Civil War style encampments, soldier drilling, and firing displays. Other domestic Civil War chores and activities will also be highlighted. Throughout the day, scheduled presentations will be shared on different aspects of the Civil War ranging from the lives of individual generals to the service of African-American Soldiers to the definition of patriotism during the Civil War. Children will be able to participate in several “period” games, crafts, and more. Tours of Dabbs House Museum will be available free of charge. Concessions will be available for purchase.
The event is open to all ages and runs from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday, April 28, at Dabbs House Museum (3812 Nine Mile Road, Henrico, 23223). The event is free.
For more information, call 652-3409.
For more events, visit www.henricorecandparks.com.
Upcoming Events near Eastern Henrico
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Burglars take car parts, toilet paper from Richmond businesses
- Henrico man pleads guilty to assault on reggae star
- Gov. McDonnell proposes $11M for Richmond slavery site
- Richmond parents, civic leaders demand input on new school superintendent
- Teen expected to plead guilty in Brown's Island assault on reggae star
- Hanover Supervisors will not vote on Mechanicsville movie theater
- Mechanicsville bathroom surveillance cameras under investigation
- Teenager killed in car accident in Hanover County
- Pair charged for allegedly stealing copper pipes from Mechanicsville apartments
- Bullets found on Hanover County elementary school bus