Henrico woman charged with 1998 murder of newborn twins | News
HENRICO, VA (WWBT)- A Henrico woman was arrested Tuesday and charged with killing her newborn twins more than 15 years ago.
35-year-old Darnesha Barry was arrested at her job at a Henrico bank, according to the Richmond Times-Dispatch.
Berry is accused of killing the newborns at a dormitory at St. Paul's College in Lawrenceville.
The newborn twins, a boy and a girl, were found dead in a trash room at the Holt Hall dorm back in February 1998. Investigators believe the babies were born in a bathroom in the dorm, killed and thrown down a trash chute.
The Times-Dispatch reports that Berry faces two counts of first degree murder.
Copyright 2013 WWBT NBC12. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Eastern Henrico
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Gov. McDonnell proposes $11M for Richmond slavery site
- Henrico teen pleads guilty to assault on reggae star
- Richmond parents, civic leaders demand input on new school superintendent
- Teen expected to plead guilty in Brown's Island assault on reggae star
- Jury recommends 33 years in prison for man convicted of Richmond murder
- Hanover Supervisors will not vote on Mechanicsville movie theater
- Mechanicsville bathroom surveillance cameras under investigation
- Teenager killed in car accident in Hanover County
- Pair charged for allegedly stealing copper pipes from Mechanicsville apartments
- Bullets found on Hanover County elementary school bus