New list names top Virginia high schools | News
RICHMOND, VA (WWBT)- Do you think you child goes to a good school? There's a new list out naming the top high schools in the Commonwealth.
Nine schools in our area make U.S. News and World Report's list. Deep Run High School in Henrico's far west end tops the list of schools in metro Richmond. U.S. News and World Report ranks Deep Run the 14th best school in Virginia. Nationally it's ranked 284th.
Henrico has two more schools the list. Godwin High School comes in at 25th and Freeman High School is not far behind at 28th.
Richmond has two schools on the list. Community High School and Open High School come in 17th and 20th respectively.
Chesterfield has two schools on the list. Midlothian High School is listed at 21st and Cosby High School is ranked 24th.
Most of the schools at the top of the list are in Northern Virginia. To see the full list, click here.
Copyright 2012 WWBT NBC12. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Eastern Henrico
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Richmond parents, civic leaders demand input on new school superintendent
- Teen expected to plead guilty in Brown's Island assault on reggae star
- Jury recommends 33 years in prison for man convicted of Richmond murder
- Richmond mother dies under her own car, family wants answers
- Teens suspects in series of violent Randolph area robberies
- Hanover Supervisors will not vote on Mechanicsville movie theater
- Mechanicsville bathroom surveillance cameras under investigation
- Teenager killed in car accident in Hanover County
- Pair charged for allegedly stealing copper pipes from Mechanicsville apartments
- Bullets found on Hanover County elementary school bus