Police chase ends in motorcycle crash | News
RICHMOND, VA (WWBT)- A motorcycle led Henrico Police on a chase across the county before crashing in Richmond.
An officer tried to pull over 20-year-old Zachary T. Carlson-Morrison for speeding around 4:17 p.m. Wednesday near I-64 West and Nine Mile Road, but Morrison took off, according to Henrico Police.
The officer followed Morrison from I-64 onto I-95 North until the motorcycle crashed into a Ford Explorer about a half-mile north of Belvidere, said police. The impact caused Morrison to be ejected off of the motorcycle into the roadway.
Morrison, who was wearing a safety helmet, was taken to VCU with minor injuries. The driver in the Explorer was uninjured.
The left lane of Interstate 95 northbound was closed for approximately one hour to allow for the crash investigation.
The crash was investigated by the Virginia State Police because the crash occurred in the city limits.
Morrison is charged by State Police with reckless driving and failure to have a motorcycle endorsement on his drivers license. Henrico Police could file charges, as well.
Copyright 2012 WWBT NBC12. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Eastern Henrico
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Gov. McDonnell proposes $11M for Richmond slavery site
- Henrico teen pleads guilty to assault on reggae star
- Richmond parents, civic leaders demand input on new school superintendent
- Teen expected to plead guilty in Brown's Island assault on reggae star
- Jury recommends 33 years in prison for man convicted of Richmond murder
- Hanover Supervisors will not vote on Mechanicsville movie theater
- Mechanicsville bathroom surveillance cameras under investigation
- Teenager killed in car accident in Hanover County
- Pair charged for allegedly stealing copper pipes from Mechanicsville apartments
- Bullets found on Hanover County elementary school bus